From Inbal Jerusalem, Executive Chef Motti Buchbut
IngredientsFor the Pastry
- 1 kg of flour
- 100 ml. oil
- 400 ml. water
20 gr. Sugar
- Mix all ingredients
For spreading on the rolled out dough
- 200 ml. of oil/ melted butter
- 100 gr. of cake or bread crumbs
IngredientsFor the Filling
- 10 granny smith apples peeled and diced
- 100 gr. of vanilla pudding
- 80 gr. raisins
- 100 gr. of crushed walnuts
- 200 gr. of cake crumbs/bread crumbs
- 100 gr. sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Lemon peel zest from 1 lemon
- A pinch of clove
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth dough is achieved.
- Split the dough into 4 equal balls
- Dab each ball with oil and wrap in an adhesive plastic sheet. Let rest for half an hour.
- Using flour, roll out each ball to a thin leaf; Lay out one section of the dough on a floured sheet and sprinkle with a bit of oil and some cake crumbs.
- Spread the filling on the rolled out dough and roll pinching on every turn (just like sushi).
- Place on a pan covered in baking paper, which has been brushed with butter.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes at a 180 degrees centigrade.
- Let it cool and sprinkle icing sugar on top before serving.