From Inbal Jerusalem, Executive Chef Motti Buchbut
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
- In a standard mixer, mix all the ingredients (except apples) for about 4 minutes, until fluffy.
- Divide into 2 long loaf pans (about ¾ of the way full) and sprinkle with apples and almonds.
- Bake on 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
- Can be kept in a cool place for up to 2 weeks