From Inbal Jerusalem, Executive Chef Motti Buchbut
Ingredients | For 10 Servings
- 1 lb. chicken liver, grilled
- 5 Hard-boiled eggs
- ½ Cup Sweet Red Wine
- 2 Large onions, sliced into half rings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 stick butter-flavored margarine
- 4 Tbsp. Brandy
- 1 Box (2 sheets) Puff Pastry, cut into 2”x5” strips and smeared with egg and sliced bleached almonds, baked in the oven at 360 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 20 minutes, until golden.
- Sautee the onions in the margarine until golden
- Add the eggs, chicken liver, red wine and leave on the pan on the fire for about 4 minutes to increase the flavor and reduce the liquid.
- Strain the liver, grind it finely, taste it and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Mix in the brandy.
- Cut each puff pastry slice in half, sprinkle one with the liver mousse and cover it with the other.
- 42 pears, peeled and sliced into 6 slices, cooked in white wine (semi-dry) and sugar for about 15 minutes.
- In a hot frying pan, dissolve about 5 tablespoons of sugar. Add the pears and cook until they caramelize, then serve.
- Put the liver on a serving plate and place some pears on the side.