From Inbal Jerusalem, Executive Chef Moti Buchbut
Original Recipe Yield 40 Macaroons
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 250 g finely ground almonds or pistachios
- 200 g egg whites (approximately 7 eggs)
- 330 g sugar
- Grind together powdered sugar and almonds or pistachios.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar (not particularly strong foam).
- Fold in the almonds and powdered sugar.
- Add green food coloring and fold the mass aggressively, until the mass is light and bright.
- Transfer mixture into apiping bag with a plain piping tip.
- Spread on a silicon surface or waxed paper in circles (make them the same size).
- Leave the spread to cool at room temperature for about 1/2 hour and until the outside layer has set.
- Bake at 140 ° C – for 15-20 minutes and cool.
Pistachio Butter Cream Ingredients:
- 160 g sugar
- 85 ml. of water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 250 g soft butter cut into cubes
- 120 g of mashed pistachio / ground
- 3 drops of rum extract or vanilla extract
Preparation of the cream:
- Mix together the sugar and the water in a small saucepan, boil till reduced (like meringue), keep the sides of the pot clean while boiling by brushing it with a wet brush dipped in cold water.
- Whisk the eggs at medium speed until a combined mixture is formed. Pour the sugar syrup in a thin stream from the side of the pan until the mass has cooled down.
- Once cooled, add the cubes of butter and mashed pistachio to the mass and continue to whisk until a creamy gloss has formed.
- Insert the cream between two macaroons, like a sandwich.