From Inbal Jerusalem, Executive Chef Motti Buchbut
Ingredients | For 6 Servings
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A pinch of table salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Approximately ½ cup of cold water
- Mix all the ingredients except the water
- Gradually add the water until the dough is wet and strong enough to work with.
- Refrigerate dough for at least an hour
- Reduce the water and add an egg yolk (will turn the dough yellow)
- Roll the dough thin and cut into circles of about 2 inches. Put the chocolate and pomegranate seeds in the center and cover with another circle which has with egg yolk spread on. Use a fork to seal it closed.
- Place oil over the ravioli and put on a greased pan. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- ½ cup of melted chocolate
- ½ cup of parev/dairy cream (heat the cream)
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- In a mixer, mix the chocolate and hot cream for 3-4 minutes on medium speed until it froths and turns light brown.
- While filling the ravioli (see preparation above), first put in the chocolate and then sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoons of corn flour diluted in ¼ cup of cold water
- Boil the orange juice and sugar, add corn flour and let it boil again.
- Serve with fresh fruit, sliced plums, cherries, fresh raspberries. Place on a serving plate, add a scoop of ice-cream/sorbet with crushed pistachios on the bottom (so it won’t move on the plate). Deep fry 2 pieces of ravioli until golden and place on top of the ice-cream. Stick with a toothpick and serve. Prepare the orange sauce and pour it on the plate.